Wednesday, October 14, 2015

When You Need to Extend Sympathy

Unfortunately, all of us need to extend sympathy to friends and family from time to time.   It is always a difficult time when someone who is loved passes away.   But I can tell you from a very personal perspective receiving sympathy cards is very helpful and healing for those who are grieving.  So please do send sympathy cards.  Long flowery prose can be nice but knowing that people care is very important! 
 
Technique Junkie stamps has a nice Sympathy stamp set  http://techniquejunkies.com/with-sympathy-set-of-5/ .  I used two of the five verses in the set on these two cards. 
 
 
This first card also uses Daisy Garden http://techniquejunkies.com/daisy-garden/.  
 
 
 
 
The second uses Dogwood Blossom http://techniquejunkies.com/dogwood-blossom/ and fussy cut around each flower.

 
 
I hope these cards encourage you to send some cards to folks today. 
 
 
Thanks for sharing these with me.   Have an inky day!
 


7 comments:

Stampin_melissa said...

Both of these are gorgeous, but that first one drops my jaw!

Unknown said...

These are both beautiful sympathy cards.
I certainly need a few in my stash.
Thanks for the inspiration!

Diana Enns said...

Thanks for sharing. I make get well and sympathy cards for our 55+ community and I'm aways looking for inspiration.

Hetty said...

Beautiful cards for a sad occasion,Judy.

di said...

Beautiful. These are the hardest cards for me to make

Shelly Schmidt said...

I always need Sympathy cards- never have enough on hand. Lovely cards.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What a beautiful card. Sympathy cards are so hard to make. You rocked this one.