Saturday, December 19, 2015

A Look Down Memory Lane

I am in this phase of waiting now.  I have now received new Technique Junkie stamps and will start working on them today.  But I cannot show you anything "new" with the new stamps until January 1 which will be a blog hop day. I am finished making any Christmas cards for 2015.  So I though for the next two weeks I will show you some cards I made years ago for the Technique Junkie newsletter. If you had been a subscriber for many, many years you may remember some of these. I will be showing you for the next couple of weeks some of my favorite cards I created for the Technique Junkie newsletter. 



The technique was called Smooched Metal. I used stamps from Stamper Anonymous and Inkadinkadoo.


As a rubber stamper I have learned to appreciate the various qualities of many inks. Not all inks are created equal. Distress Inks are a unique kind of dye based inks and they are really fun to work with. 

The metal tag near the top is where I used the Smooched Metal technique. I used the Brick Texture Fades embossing folder and that is where I used the Worn Wallpaper technique. I added some filmstrip acetate strip, a vintage photo, a ticket piece, Tissue Tape, various ribbons, and a chip board button from my stash to add different elements to the card. 

This card is larger than most cards I have created. It will likely be a "one-of-a-kind" card. It was certainly fun to make!

Have a wonderful day!


No comments: