Saturday, January 30, 2016

Cards from My Card Parts Box

I think every stamper has a collection --large or small -- of pieces of cards from various activities.  A stamper (me!) might have been over zealous in creating background and made more than you needed. A stamper (me!) might have taken stamped images  along on a trip to use water colors on because they are easy to carry and easy to pull out and paint a while, Now that same stamper might  have more than she needed. A stamper (me!) might have made too many ATC's for a swap, and now you have extras. A stamper (me!)  might have had a card idea in mind, and then something happened - you were distracted and never finished using that particular image.   So after already created all of the cards needed for Technique Junkie stamps for 3 posts a week for all of February -- so now what do I do in the middle of a blizzard or blizzard recovery? It took until Monday for my driveway to be clear. And they were not able to clear our sidewalks until Wednesday. So I had to find something to do with my time!

I decided to pull out that box of card parts and challenge myself  to create cards from as many of these card parts as I can. So over the next few weeks I will show you about 4-5 cards in a post.  I will tell you when I know who made a particular stamp -- if I know who made it and I may not.  When I know what technique I used for the card, I will tell you that.  But when I moved from my larger stamp room to a much smaller stamp room, I had to sell stamps I wasn't using, and many of the backgrounds I made years ago and may not remember.  I will do my best on these two things, but there is not there guarantee that I will remember.  If I know I will tell you, if I don't know then I can't tell you.


The above ha card was created with a long retired Stampin' Up stamp and relatively recent  "Sweet and Sassy" stamp.  I water colored the couple, and the tag background was created with the Ant6ique Glimmers technique. 


Both the bird stamp and the verse are Stampin' Up stamps. I think the technique is Gradient Markers from the June Technique Junkies newsletter. The middle strip is only two different colors of card stock.


I donot know who created the stamp but it may be PSX.  It has been around a long time.  I don't remember the name of the technique of the background but I know I made it with plastic wrap.

And I don't know who made this stamp either. I don't remember the technique for the brown and gold strip but the layer of the top pink  layer is Antique glimmers.  

With showing you four cards a day -- I have five more posts to show you. Have a good day and get inky!  



4 comments:

Hetty said...

Hello Judy,what great cards you made from all the left over pieces. I know exactly what you mean. I need to do this more often! Usually I have forgotten the technique i used, maybe i should start writing this on the backof the scrap pieces.

Monique said...

I have a basket of partially used paper, grunge board or die cuts that I made extra of etc. I also like to stamp variations on a theme and just bought small plastic boxes to put the pieces for another card whose idea comes to me when I'm working another project. I love what you did with your pieces. They are wonderful and timeless and the recipients of them will be truly blessed. http://www.containerstore.com/s/collections/photo-storage/translucent-photo-cases/12d?productId=10035061&green=97bb4892-09cb-47e7-943a-1b9f9878947b

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oh Judy, you have touched on an issue I really need to do organization on. A card-parts box sounds like a great idea. And thank you, Hetty - any TJ technique backgrounds I will try to pencil-label on back. But, however you began, these cards are lovely. Snow Time well-spent! xoxo

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oh, forgot to add this - I have a notebook for a cross-index in process by material listing TJ techniques, and I looked under cling wrap. I have 2 techniques listed, Cling & Scrunch and Cling Pearls. There may be more and I have not gotten to that technique to add it. But your 2nd card may be one of those 2 techniques? xoxo