Friday, February 19, 2016

Rose Collage - Day 5 of my Personal Challenge


I found this gorgeous Vintage Rose background paper in my stash of papers.   Am I the only one who buys lovely papers and then forgets they are there to be used? The paper had roses in opposite corners so I took those rose and "fussy cit" around them.  I put one corner of roses in the bottom left corner, and finished cutting  a few other roses from the other corner.  I adhered the roses down on a piece of vanilla card stock.  Then that vanilla card stock with the rose was adhered to another piece of back ground paper with a more muted floral design.  All of that was adhered to a pale pink card stock.

I used sponge daubers to brighten roses and the leaves just a bit.

There was a third piece of roses paper with a small rose in the corner.  I used a tag punch and punched it out. However, it was a thin piece of background paper so I adhered it to a scrap of vanilla card stock.    Then I trimmed around the edge leaving a very small border that i sponged with color.  Then  I stamped the couple from the Technique Junkie  stamp set Vintage Travel Cases  (http://techniquejunkies.com/vintage-travel-cases-set-of-5/ with gray Memento ink.  I let it dry a bit and then colored in the couple with my Copic markers.

The tag was stamped with a verse from the Technique Junkie stamp set called Wings Quotes - http://techniquejunkies.com/wings-quotes/.  It was heat embossed with detail black embossing powder.  I added some punched out leaves, some ribbons behind the tag, and a small rhinestone.  The tag was popped up with foam pieces.

Have a great day -- and get inky!

2 comments:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Such a lovely card! No, you are not the only person! lol xoxo

Hetty said...

Beautiful card,judy. That rose paper was there to be used!