Wednesday, March 23, 2016

The Higher We Soar!

For this card I used another Technique Junkie stamp March release called - Owls - http://techniquejunkies.com/owls/ . I stamped the focal image in brown Memento ink and colored in the owls with my Copic markers.  The verse is also from  a Technique Junkie stamp set called Wings Quotes - http://techniquejunkies.com/wings-quotes/  .  It is a good set to use with birds and butterflies and any thing that flies!

 I used my Copic markers to color in the Owls and the grass.  I used varying shades of blue ink - starting from the top of the card - to bring down the night sky.  Then I painted over the ink with my Wink of Stella pen adding some glittering stars in the night sky.  I layered this focal image on card stock that I laid on my desk  and when I sprayed glimmer spray it accidentally got over this dark blue  card stock.  Not wanting to waste card stock with glimmer spray, I set it aside for the perfect time. to use on a card.  I decided this was it. 

I used a brown and blue mixture of embossing powder in my stash for heat embossing the sentiment from  Wings Quotes. Then I layered it on some the glimmer sprayed blue card stock.    

This focal image was layered on some bird house background paper, which was layered on more of the glimmer sprayed dark blue card stock, and then placed on the base card stock.

Have a great week and get inky.


No comments: