Monday, December 19, 2016

An Orchid Delight

The 30 Days of Christmas is over and the Design Team is on to  other types of stamps.  Soon it will be time for a blog hop for the January re;lease!

I used three Technique Junkie Stamps to create this card.  I used Orchids - http://techniquejunkies.com/orchids/, A Kind Word - http://techniquejunkies.com/kind-word/, and  Veined Marble - http://techniquejunkies.com/veined-marble/.

 I used a gray Memento ink to stamp the image on white card stock. I felt black ink might be too harsh.  Then i used a vanilla pigment ink reinker, shook it up well, and squeezed a few drops on an acrylic block as my palette.  I  added a few drops of water to think the ink because regular pigment ink would be too opaque.  I painted over the orchids and then heat set the ink until it was dry.

After wiping off the acrylic block, I scribbled three different colors of regular dye ink: a dark yellow, some olive ink, and a razzelberry color.  I used my water brush and added highlights or those colors on the leaves and the flowers.  I heat set that as well. Then i squirted some gold glimmer spray over the orchid panel, and I heal set that.

I trimmed the orchid panel and layered it on  Star Dream metallic raspberry text weight card stock.  Then I inked up the Veined Marble stamp with the razzelberry ink and curved the stamp to add texture around the edge of the green card stock of the base layer since there was a wider border than usual.

I adhered the orchid panel to the base card.   I used an embossing buddy to help prevent stray gold flecks of embossing powder on the dark area of the stamped and painted focal image.  I used Versamark ink on the stamp die and stamped. Then I covered it with detail gold embossing powder and heat set.  I wish it showed up clearer in the scan.  But anytime you scan metallic embossed images you can have trouble getting them to show clearly.

This would be a lovely Thank you card or a birthday card.

Have a great day and get inky!

Judy Jackson

1 comment:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Your technique turned out well. Lovely card.