Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Happy February! Happy New Stamps Day! Happy Blog Hop Day!

The first of each month is always exciting to me.    It is the day the Technique Junkie Design Team gets to show you the creations we have made with the new stamps from the latest reveal of Technique Junkie stamps.  So all of the cards I am sharing with you today are from the Technique Junkie line of stamps.  

I am spending the winter in Florida.  The vast majority of all my stamping supplies are still in Pennsylvania.  

There is a 15% off sale for all of the February reveal stamps until February 8.. I can hardly wait to see them!  You see the Design Team members only sees the stamps Pat Huntoon sent to us.  You can see all of the February release stamps here - http://techniquejunkies.com/february-2017-release/.  The Blog Hop starts here: Design Team Blog: http://techniquejunkies.blogspot.com.   You should have come to my blog from Pam DeChellis: http://journeyawakensthesoul.blogspot.com/,  


My first card uses SD693 Throw Kindness - www.techniquejunkies.com/throw-kindness/.  I used Memento black ink and then Copic markers to color in the confetti.  Layering and a ribbon finish the card.  


I love this SS069 Palm Trees Set - www.techniquejunkies.com/palm-trees-set-of-3/.  To color the trees I inked the entire stamp with green ink, and then used a brown marker to  to color the trunks of the trees.  Two shades of blue card stock for layering, a ribbon, and a bow.   I used a hand drawn template for the clouds and sponged the sky and water around the base of the trees.  The verse is also in the set.

 For this card I used a pale blue ink for the background stamp S707 - Talking to You - www.techniquejunkies.com/talking-to-you/.  Then I used another Technique Junkie stamp - Hat Ladies - http://techniquejunkies.com/hat-ladies/ .   Layers of paper and card stock and Copic markers for coloring the ladies, sequins and beads, ribbon, and  a glitter pen add to the card for interest.  I love these ladies as they can be used in so many ways.

My last card is just for fun.  It could be used as a thinking of you card or a get well card,
 or an encouragement card.  


It uses S714 Calligraphy Loops - www.techniquejunkies.com/calligraphy-loops/,  and SD737 - End of Your Rope - www.techniquejunkies.com/end-of-your-rope/.  I used a dark brown ink for both stamps.  I used the edge of the stamp on the card stock edge with the verse.  Then I used some burlap ribbon, and pulled off a few strands to make a knot to tie around the verse layer.  The loops on the background stamp reminded me of rope knots.

So my card were fairly simple this month.  Thank you for reading my post,  Please hop along thee rest of the hop to see all of the eye candy the Design Team has for you!  Your last stop will be with Pat Huntoon -  http://patstamps.blogspot.com.

I hope you have enjoyed this blog hop.  I am wondering what your favorite new  February release is.

Here is the entire list of Blog Hops:

Judy Jackson: http://judysstampart.blogspot.com - you are here!
Pat Huntoon: http://patstamps.blogspot.com - Go here next!

Don't forget the 15% off sale on the Technique Junkie February release stamps!  Have a great day and get inky!

Judy Jackson

5 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Beautiful group of cards Judy. Like you, I'm always so excited to see what the rest of the stamps look like.

Kathy S said...

Hello Judy - hope you are well and life is treating you gently. I love that confetti card - such a great background. Pleasure hopping with you!!

Ro Donner said...

You sure know how to work those "limited supplies"! Great cards!

Cheri said...

Judy, your cards are fabulous. I love that you used the ladies in the hats to showoff that bg stamp. (This works perfectly...I'm commenting...yay! Thank you!)

Lanette said...

Lovely!!