Saturday, July 15, 2017

Happy Birthday to my first granddaughter!

When family members have birthdays near one other family, I think it is fairly common to celebrate more than birthday on a special day.   That will happen this weekend.  My daughter's birthday is tomorrow.  Her daughter's birthday is six days later.  So this weekend, both birthday girls are coming to my home for a birthday dinner for both of them.  My granddaughter will be 12, almost a teenager! Let's just say her Mommy passed 29 a few years ago !😉

At my local stamp club most of those in the group finished their card using the elements provided, but I chose to wait and a special fairy to her card.   The words and the numbers are from Stampin' Up and the fairy is from Heather's Stamping Haven in Nepean, Ontario.  Unfortunately, Heather closed that store several years ago.  But I still have some of her wonderful stamps. My husband's parents were both born in Canada and immigrated to the United States many years ago, and became naturalized citizens of the USA. But there are a lot of cousins still in Canada and often we visited them for a family reunion. The cousin we stayed with was right near that small but delightful  stamp store.

I colored the fairy with Twinkling H2Os and then fussy cut her out.  The Happy Birthday banner is adhered with foam take pieces to give give that "popped up" added dimension.  I tied a tiny pink bow and adhered to the wings with a tiny glue dot.n I hope she enjoys this card!  

Have a great Saturday and get inky!  

Judy Jackson

No comments: