Saturday, July 1, 2017

Happy July! New Stamps! New Fun! New Cards! And a Blog Hop!


Every month the Technique Junkie Design Team gets new stamps for the next month's new stamp releases.  We often get them several weeks in advance of the new release.  That is so we can work up new cards and other new projects in time for the big reveal blog hop the first of the month.  This is always exciting for us.  And we get to play before they are publicly seen. Whoo-hoo!  So this day has the first reveal.  And the entire July Release of Technique Junkie Stamps can be seen here - www.techniquejunkies.com/july-2017-release/.



The Technique Junkie new release blog hop always starts with the Design Team blog - http://techniquejunkies.blogspot.com/  and you should have arrived to my blog from                          .

My first card uses two new Technique Junkies Stamps - Be A Mermaid - www.techniquejunkies.com/be-a-mermaid/ - and Simply Shells - www.techniquejunkies.com/simply-shells/.  I used a piece of card stock and applied the Antique Glimmers technique to create the color. Then I stamped the shells with a smoky gray ink. The mermaid stamp was stamped in black Memento ink and colored in with Chameleon Colortone Pencils - http://techniquejunkies.com/chameleon-colortone-pencils/ . Her hair and the star were highlighted with Twinkling H2Os. Then I used the same Distress Inks I used for background and watercolored the background, adding some other colors with the Chameleon pencils.  I used the new Nuvo G;litter Markers to color the heart.  Layers and ribbons finish my card.


This card features a new Technique Junkies stamp that is just fun to color!  It is called Filled With Wonders - www.techniquejunkies.com/filled-with-wonders/ . I used Twinkling H2Os to color all of these details.  I tied a tiny gold bow on the flamingo's neck.  And did you know flamingos have red feathers on their back?  I didn't either!  I googled for a picture to find out for sure just what colors I should use.  I also discovered that the reason for their pink and reddish feathers is from their diet -- of a certain type of shrimp. When baby flamingos hatch their feathers are gray -- no pink at all!

I used a scrap of  card stock with Antique Glimmers and used my MISTI - http://techniquejunkies.com/misti-most-incredible-stamping-tool-invented/ - to be sure I was getting a sharp clear image to heat emboss. I had to reink my stamp about 2-3 times.  I must not have been putting enough pressure or something.  But the MISTI solves the problem!   I used black embossing powder with just a bit of sparkle in it and heat set.  Then in my stash, I found this delightful clock background paper that matches the colors used in the Antique Glimmers technique,  It just was perfect with this new Technique Junkies stamp Perspective - www.techniquejunkies.com/perspective/.

My last card uses the new Technique Junkies Stamp called Palm Collage -  www.techniquejunkies.com/palm-collage/. I used the MISTI to stamp it and it worked well to ensure I got a good crisp image to emboss with plain black embossing powder. To add the details in the coloring I did several things.  First I took a sponge with yellow ink and swirled it around the center where I imagined the sun was shining.  Then I added a bit of pink ink around the yellow, and finished with a light blue ink all around the rest of the card.  I painted the seahorse, the flowers, the starfish,the grass, and the shell with Twinkling H2Os, But then I went over the flowers, part of the starfish, part of the shell, a few of the palm leaves, and some of the dots with the Nuvo Glitter Markers to add highlights of color here and there.  The marker ink really helped to give a shimmery pop of color!

As always the newly released Technique Junkies Stamps for July are on sale 15% off through July 8. The discount will be taken off automatically.  And to remind you all other items in the Technique Junkie store  can have a 10% discount if you use the discount code TJ10Judy.

I am sure that  Vicki Garrett at http://summerthymestudio.blogspot.com/search/label/Technique%20Junkies%20Stamps
 will have wonderful cards for you to see next after me!  Technique Junkies has some truly gifted artists on the Design Team. 




And don't forget, there is 15% off of all the July Release Technique Junkies Stamps until July 8, 2017!  And you can get an additional 10% off everything else with the code TJ10Judy!
Have a great day and be sure you get inky!

Judy Jackson

6 comments:

Kathy S said...

Beautiful cards Judy - The soft tones of the Perspective cards really make my heart sing but I also love the Mermaid card too. Wonderful color party.

Lanette said...

Such a beautiful car collection, Great job!

Helen said...

Judy, these are such lovely cards. The match up of the clock background with the new stamp is perfect! Thanks for sharing them all.

Patti J said...

Beautifully done! Thanks for sharing :)

jules said...

Beautiful card designs!

Beth Norman said...

Great group of cards, Judy. Your collage stamp rocks my world. Great job on them all.