Friday, February 5, 2016

Looking Forward to Butterflies


This is the time of the year when I really am looking forward to Spring and summer -- my two favorite seasons of the year. While I enjoy a good snow storm, once a season is enough for me! Spring and summer do not last enough for me.  I know there are people who truly love winter and all the outdoor winter activities, but I am not one of them.

I used a dark green ink on a lighter green paper to stamp the Houndstooth Check Technique Junkie stamp.  I layer that on a pale blue card stock and the n on the base card of dark green card stock.

Then I stamped the section with the butterfly of the Technique Junkie Vintage Botanicals stamp http://techniquejunkies.com/vintage-botanicals-collage/ .  I used Copic markers to color the butterflies.  I layered one as the main focal image.  I  fussy cut the other two butterflies and layered them on the same pale blue card stock as the other layer. I drew in the antennae of those two fussy cut butterflies.  I added a few stick on rhinestones in opposite corners to finish off the card.

Have a wonderful day -- and get inky!


4 comments:

Nancy Dawson said...

Judy - gorgeous as usual... makes you think Spring!

Beth Norman said...

Lovely design. I'm liking that houndstooth and like how you stamped it out onto green paper. Your butterflies are very pretty.

C. M. Taylor said...

I too, am ready for the spring! Next week we are suppose to hit the 70's can't wait..... You need to move farther south, Judy! Love the butterflies they are always a good sign.

Hetty said...

This is beautiful, Judy!