Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Quilted Trip Card - Day 4 of my Personal Challenge

I use a wide variety of background papers and punched out quite a few hexagons in order to have enough.  Then I punch out the hexagon from one side of the vanilla layer.

I stamped the couple from the Technique Junkie Stamps Vintage Travel Cases - http://techniquejunkies.com/vintage-travel-cases-set-of-5/ on a scrap of white card stock in Memento brown ink.  I colored them in with my Copic Markers and used my Wink of Stella pen over the coloring.  I place the white card stock scrap behind the vanilla layer so that the couple showed though  before adhering it to the Soft Suede card stock.

Then I placed the hexagon pieces around the couple in a quilting fashion making sure the same kinds of background paper are not the same right next to each other.  I adhered each piece as I went along.

I punched out three tickets from scraps of background papers, and from vanilla card stock after the words were stamped and heat embossed.

I used a glitter pen to go around each seam in the "quilt," and I used Wink of Stella brush marker pen over  all of the hexagon pieces.

Then a few rhinestones were added for the final embellishments.

Have a wonderful day -- and get inky!


1 comment:

C. M. Taylor said...

What a great composition! TFS