Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Sponging and Resist

I really should use some black cardstock on top of cards that have a white base. Otherwise it often makes it difficult to see the edge of the card. Thus is the case with this card. I was stamping with a cousin and she had either seen this card or something on Pinterest or her local SU demo had created a card like this. 

I used a sheet of background paper that had the little flowers in a shiny resist print. I sponged color all over the piece of background paper I was using., Then i used the same color tones for stamping the Lotus blossom from SU.  There are three layering stamps to create this look. I made a birthday card but just about any greeting would work.

The butterfly is die cut out of silver glimmer paper.  I very lightly sponged around the edge of the tag to give it some definition from the sponged background paper below.  But even at that  -- while the was lovely, it seemed ot last "pizzazz" if you know what I mean.  So i took a very narrow strip of the silver glimmer and put it on one edge of the tag. The silver butterfly on the other side was enough glimmer there I thought.  I put liquid adhesive on the back of the tag and adhered that to the glimmer paper.,  My strip of glimmer paper was about 1/3 of an inch wide.  A double silver bow at the top finishes my card!

 But now an advertisement from my "sponser"  -- there will be a Blog Hop on Friday April 1 for new April Releases of Technique Junkie Stamps.  Please check back with me on Friday.  I will have four cards to share on Friday!

Have a wonderful day -- and get inky!  And see you on Friday!


No comments: