Saturday, September 24, 2016

All Is Calm

To create this card with this new Technique Junkie Christmas release stamp Calm and Bright - http://techniquejunkies.com/calm-and-bright/, I used Distress Inks and a sponge tool.  I sponged red in the center of the card -- just guessing at about how much area to cover with red ink.  I used two shades of red Distress Inks.  Then I used two shades of green ink on the rest of the white card stock. I heat set the ink. I don;t always do this but since I wanted to use embossing powder, I knew I needed to do this or the embossing powder would stick to all of the Distress Ink because it stays wetter longer than most dye based inks.

Then I inked up the stamp dye with black Versafine  and carefully stamped on green and red areas. Then I covered it with clear embossing powder and heat set.  I used Copic markers to color in the poinsettia flower and leaves.  I pressed the end of the brad in my Versamark pad and dipped in yellow embossing powder and heat set.  I did that twice.  Adding that embellishment and lots of layers finishes the card.

Have you started on your Christmas cards yet?  I haven't except for these and I must start soon!  And don't forget -- all of the Technique Junkie Christmas release stamps are on sale for 15% off through October 10.

Happy stamping and get inky!

Judy Jackson