Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Day 22 of 30 Days of Christmas!


There is little about card making (no matter what stamps you are using)  that is truly original.  We get ideas all the time from other stampers, from magazines, from nature, from bill boards,  from furniture -- just all sorts of places.  So this card is totally different from a card by another stamper.   You know what is the same?  I used an angel and a bow.  That is it!

So now let me tell you what I did.  I had started coloring this stamped Technique Junkie Angel with Lute - http://techniquejunkies.com/angel-with-lute/, but I hadn't finished it,  So I finished coloring with Smooch paints.   Then I remembered I had purchased a new really glittery gold Smooch Paint at a recent stamp show.  I used it on several places on this card.
I tried to tip the card and take a picture of this glittery gold Smooch paint.  I hope you can see it now.  I used gold glitter paper behind the white layer on which the angel is adhered.  

I took a very muted piece of designer paper and stamped the Technique Junkie stamp O Holy Night - http://techniquejunkies.com/o-holy-night/ - with Versamark  ink and then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I used some Distress ink and went over the embossed image, and used an Art Anthology Colorations spray over the embossed image and wiped off excess ink so the music score and words show up.  The music layer was adhered at an angle over  a different sheet of designer paper that had some white snowflakes on the paper.  I spritzed again with the Art Anthology Colorations spray and quickly wiped off the ink so it wouldn't be as dark.  

I stamped the greeting Technique  - Junkie Stamp All is Calm - http://techniquejunkies.com/all-is-calm/ - with Versafine Black ink and used clear embossing powder when I heat embossed the words.  I punched out the greeting and  went around the edge with a gold Krylon pen. So pretty!

Ribbon was wrapped around these layers before being adhered to the base layer.  The angel and the greeting was adhered at an angle on the music layer. With a light touch I went around the edge of the embossed music paper with a gold Wink Of Stella marker.   I used a fork bow as the final embellishment.

Enjoy!  Have a great day and get inky!

Judy Jackson

1 comment:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very pretty Judy. The image is coloured up so well. Love the layout too.