Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Simple Sympathy Card

Unfortunately, we all need to send sympathy cards from time to time.  Some times you want to spend some extra time creating something special.  But often, we need something nice looking but doesn't require a huge amount of time to create.  This is such a card.


First I die cut a small circle to create a mask.  I decided where the sun would be.  I tore an edge of the circle for the sun to be hidden behind a grassy knoll.  Then I inked up a square acrylic block with green on one edge and blue for the sky on the other side.  It is too bad the blue doesn't show well in the scan. Then I used the acrylic block as a stamp and lined up the grassy knoll with the torn edge of the sun.   Then trees, grass and birds were stamped.  the verse was stamped crooked.  Mistakes in stamping are opportunities for creativity. So I used these two old retired punches from Stampin' Up! to create a small tag with the greeting. And so I covered up my boo-boo!

Happy stamping, and get inky!

Judy Jackson

No comments: