Saturday, July 27, 2019

Angled Hydrangeas

I saw this technique on Pinterest somewhere.  I thought it was cool and wanted to try it.

I decided to use it with the stamp Hydrangeas.  The image was watercolored.

To get this look is not hard at all.  Each layer was one half inch smaller than the previous layer.  Then I angled the layers and used temporary adhesive to hold them in place.  Once all of the layers were in place, I stamped the Hydrangeas using a stamping platform similar to the MISTI.   That way, I was sure to be able to get the image nice and clear on every single layer.

Then I watercolored all of the layers.  After that was dry, then I added the purple layer to each of the watercolored layers. I added shimmer to the flowers with Nuvo Glitter Gloss Aqua pens.   I trimmed off the extra parts that hung over the edge before adhering it to the final purple layer, and adhered to the green layer.  If you were making a square card, the last trimming may not necessary. 

Did you know the reason that hydrangeas in the northeast have blue and not  pink flowers?  This is especially true on Cape Cod.  The soil has so much salt water (which is acidic) and that causes the flowers to be blue.  And if you use an acidic fertilizer on your hydrangeas  - even in the middle of the country! - you will get blue flowers as well. 

 Now save yourself some money on your order when you use TJ10Judy as you check out.
Have a wonderful stampalicious day and get inky!

2 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very nice. The techniwue that you followed with turned out well.

Holly Young said...

Really pretty! Reminds me iris folding.