Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Two New Cards from My "Card Starts" Basket

Anyone who has been following my blog over the past few months knows I have to "downsize" my collection of stamping supplies.  However, one thing I refuse to get rid is all of the "starts" or "beginnings" of cards.  They used to be in a drawer and now they are in a basket.   The things in this basket are in various stages of beginnings. Some things are only stamped. Some things are stamped and colored in. Some things are only backgrounds. Some things are already layered but most are not.  

I needed two cards for two different people for two different reasons.  One is for a sister-in-law and I just needed to say thinking of you. The other is for a friend and her husband as his mother recently passed away.  I looked in the car starts basket for some inspiration.



This one is for my sister-in-law.  The verse is form Repeat Impressions.   The rose stamp is from Inkadinkado. I used the technique called Smooch Direct from the October 2009 issue of the Technique Junkie newsletter.


 The focal image of the  stained glass window is what t found in  the card starts basket. I do not remember who makes the stained  glass window stamp. It was already all painted in with the Twinkling H2Os.    I realize it's original intention as a stamp would usually be considered for Easter.  But I think it works for a sympathy card as well.

When you need to BE creative and make a card for some one, having a basket or a drawer of "card starts would be a very good way to begin your thinking.

Have a great day.

Judy Jackson

No comments: