Thursday, October 15, 2015

30 Days of Christmas Day 1 - Technique Junkie Stamps!!!

Today is a special day.  It is the first day of a MONTH of Technique Junkie Stamps Christmas cards posted on the Technique Junkie Design Team blog.   I believe that every day beginning on October 15 and ending on November 15, a Christmas card will be featured on that blog.  http://techniquejunkies.blogspot.com/

In addition to the inspiration from the Design Team both on the DT blog and on their personal blogs, ALL Technique Junkies Christmas Stamps are on sale at 20% off. Simply use the word Christmas at checkout for your discount.

I cannot give you a direct to that blog because  as I write this post the first Christmas Card blog has not been posted yet.   I will have two cards posted on my assigned days -- but I wanted to challenge myself to create as many different Christmas cards using Technique Junkie Stamps as I could on my own blog. So this is my first day!  I have two similar cards for you today.

Both of these cards use the same technique -- but with two different stamps.  So I wanted to post them on the same day.  I used the Smooch Painted Texture Tutorial from December 2011 Technique Junkie newsletter using a Tim Holtz embossing folder.  Then I added the Technique Junkie Stamps beautiful ornament http://techniquejunkies.com/ornament-1/ stamped on Star Dream card stock and embossed with detail gold embossing powder.  I fussy cut around the ornament, added a small bow, and  popped it up using pop dots.  I added some sparkly snow to the branches on both cards.

 
This next card used the Technique Junkie Stamps Merry Christmas stamp http://techniquejunkies.com/merry-christmas/  stamped vellum. The greenery was colored in with Copic markers, and the letters with a white gel pen. Then I added a few red rhinestones for berries here and there. 

 
Christmas is coming and are you ready?  In the move to my new stamp I "found" about 75 Christmas cards already done.  So after this year I feel fairly ready in that area of my life.
 
Have a wonderful inky day!
 


3 comments:

Hetty said...

Lovely Christmas cards,Judy!

Kathy S said...

Beautiful cards Judy! Great embossing.

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Gorgeous Works. Cheers, Holley