Saturday, May 26, 2018

Every Little Kindness


Most of the time I use Technique Junkies Stamps on my blog.  But I have lots of stamps from lots of other companies.  This one is called Waterfront and is from Stampin'  Up!.  The little tufts of grass is from Art Impressions.

I used some Colorburst on the mountain stamps just directly and then misted it with water.  This is the second or third generation of using the stamp in this way.  I added some definition to the mountain tops with a water based marker and blended it in a bit. I sponged on the sky a bit over some the sky that was inked a bit with one of the stamps in this set. I couldn't get it to blend the way I wanted. 

This card is from a "experimenting day."  Do you have days like that -- where you decide to use a stamp set and then experiment to see what you come up with?   That is what I did.  I first looked at Pinterest and Splitcoast Stampers for ideas.  Then I experimented .  To me one of the wonderful things about stamping is that you look at cards and create your own focal image that is very different than what the other card was.

I wanted this to look like it was watercolored.  I think it has that look, do you?

Have a wonderful day -- and get inky!  Maybe experiment a bit!

Judy Jackson

No comments: