Saturday, April 3, 2021

Easter Blessings!

 I am currently in Florida and getting ready to go home.  Unfortunately, I feel the need to sell my house and stay in cold PA during the winter -- or at least most of it.  Since I have had some duplicate stamping supplies in both places I have sold a bunch of things.  Stamps were not sold, neither punches or several other things.  Several "Snowbird" ladies are going home before me and so I needed to get my stuff packed so they could come and take their "new to them" things away.   

So my Easter cards have been mailed and hopefully they will arrive Friday or Saturday.  

I had this idea in my mind and was please that it came out pretty much as I planned and hoped!  I  had the die cut crosses left over from last year.  So I used those.  I want a "hill" but I needed to think out I could create it.  I used a die and using a stiff piece of card stock cut just half of the oval.  I would use it to create hills.

To create the background this is what I did:
1.  I used the Landscape Rays  stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.  
2.  I used a  blending brush and applied a nice yellow ink through the stencil.
3.  Then I used the Rays stencil from A Colorful Life Designs  and added more yellow ink into the white spaces left from applying ink previously.
4.  Now I used  the oval template as a stencil and applied deep mossy green ink with a sponge to form a hill in the middle -- approximately, and then two smaller hills one 'on each side of the larger hill.   I really burnished the ink firmly.  I wanted the color to be as intense as I could get get it.
5.  Now I used the Cloud Edger stencil from A Colorful Life Designs with a medium blue ink and a blending brush. I created the lovely clouds with this ink.  
6.  Next I added  a much deeper blue ink sponging this deeper shade of ink to add a depth of darkness to the edges and to the clouds.  
7.  Using strong liquid glue, I adhered the crosses to the  middle hill.
8.  I spritzed Dazzle Shimmering Bliss over the card front.
9.  I heat embossed the words Easter Blessings on a piece of vellum.  I tore the edges and ran it through a Xyron machine and adhered it to the center of the cross.
10.  I adhered a few flat sequins randomly across the sky. 
11.  I  adhered 3 purple flowers with a few tiny glue dots at the base of the cross.  
12.  The inside verse is the first verse of the hymn  Christ, the Lord, is Risen Today!  What a way to celebrate Easter and to remember just why we celebrate Easter!  

I hope this card inspires you to think about Easter and just why we celebrate Easter.   Christ is Risen.  Christ is the only inspirational leader who died, and this was proven medically, was buried,  and was risen from the dead!  Do you that there were over 400 eye witnesses to his resurrected body?  This is not a myth or a fable or a fairy tale!

Celebrate Easter tomorrow!  Know Christ is THE Risen Savior!!










 

No comments: