Monday, December 14, 2015

Merry Christmas Nativity Die Cut Card



I am sure all of you fellow paper crafters will all know and understand  when I say when you get a new tool that you saw used for a neat card, then you want to use it almost as soon as you get it!  That us what happened to me.  I got both the Nativity die and the words die last February. I wasn't inspired for a Christmas card then.  But when I got the new embossing folder in a recent Stampin' Up order, I wanted to use it right away.  Even though I had already sent out most of my Christmas cards, I still wanted to use that folder!

I knew that this folder needed to be used to make a slightly larger card than a standard A-2 card. So I measured and used a piece of red card stock the complete size of the folder.  The embossing design goes right to the edge of the folder.  The middle of the embossing folder is empty and I wanted to layer a panel over the top to cover the empty space.  I cut the Nativity die out of black card stock.  I layered the die cut on Whisper White card stock.

That left space for a greeting.  I used a die cut of two words from the die set from Tim Holtz featuring holiday words.  I used a Stardust Gel Pen over the words to add some shimmer.

The Nativity die is from Cottage Cutz.  I used several colors of Smooch paints on the black card stock for the Nativity scene to add some color to some of the features.

Are you looking forward to Christmas Day?  I know I am.  It is always fun to see the excitement of little ones at Christmas time!

Have a wonderful Christmas.  May you all know the Lord's blessing on your life!

Judy


1 comment:

Lisa H said...

I love that nativity die Judy! This is a great card. =) I haven't made any yet, oops. New Years cards? lol