Friday, December 4, 2015

O Come All Ye Faithful

After a month of sharing Technique Junkie Christmas cards -- I am now going to share some Christmas cards made with other vendors.  Todays card is a new set from Stampin' Up!  I am not a demonstrator for Stampin' Up!-- just a happy customer.

This card has a "Z-fold."  Score your 4 1/4 inch by 11 inch piece of card stock at 5 1/2 inches.   Then score the front panel at 2 3/4 inches. Fold your base card stock in half at the 5 1/2 inch score mark. Then fold the front panel backwards toward the first fold.  

I adhered scraps of background paper cut to fit on the folded front panel.   I stamped both the Nativity scene stamps and the verse with memento black ink. After it dried then I painted the scene.  I stamped about 20 panels with this scene so I painted them all in production line fashion. The first things I did were to use Copic markers for all of the skin that showed.  Then I used a metallic marker for all of the crowns and gifts.  I painted all of the yellow robes first on each panel, then all of the purple portions, then all of the reds, and so on.  That makes projects like this go faster because you do not have to clean your paint brush between each color on the picture. You only clean the color off once - when you  have completed painting all of a particular color for all of the card panels. 

Trim and layer the panel to fit on each card.  Be careful when adding the adhesive because you only put adhesive on the left side of layered panel.  Choose an inside verse that will easily fit underneath the panel so it will not show when the card is closed. 

While I think the card is very nice -- it is all flat with no other embellishments so it will not need extra postage.  That is a good thing at Christmas time - and it helps to hold down the mailing cost  at Christmas time.

Have a wonderful day and I hope you get inky!

Judy Jackson

1 comment:

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is what Christmas is all about! I love this card- Beautiful!