Sunday, October 1, 2017

New Stamps for Fall! How Fun is That!

First of before I say anything else, let me say we can make all the plans in the world we want, and then Life has a way of throwing a curve ball at us.  That has happened to me in the last few weeks.   I have had a type of gut disease that requires to me have colonoscopies every three years.   Despite this gut disease, they are all generally uneventful except for the unpleasant experience of  having the prep and taking out a couple of days of my life for the prep and actual test.  Sometimes they find a polyp, they snip it out, often they do not, and life goes on as usual.  Except for this year. Then the doctor says oh, the biopsies are back and you have colon cancer, and very early.  The"early" part was the good news.  Surgery occurred and everything is "working" fine!  Surgeon is exceptionally pleased with my recovery.  Oh, but wait now,  early pneumonia was diagnosed on September 28,  and a short visit to the hospital was needed with IV antibiotics.  I had made all of my cards for the Technique Junkies blog hop which is today!   And I was not home in time to write my post for my four cards,  and participate in the Blog Hop.  And while the rest of the Design Team has created beautiful cards, I am not in the rotation, but I am NOW home, and much better.

The rest of the Design Team is hopping away and  I am not because I was not home in time to write my post.  The Hop started at 8:00 EDST and I got home about 11:30.  As ALWAYS the Design Team has wonderful cards to share with you.  You can go through the Hop beginning here: http://techniquejunkies.blogspot.com/2017/10/technique-junkies-october-release-and.html.  And you can see all all of the new Technique Junkies stamps October release here: http://techniquejunkies.com/october-2017/ . 


And as Pat usually does there is a 15% off discount on all of the newly released Technique Junkies stamps.  The discount comes off automatically through October 8. And when you purchase anything else you can get a 10% discount by using the code TJ10Judy!  I love a discount!


But when I came home today, I wrote this Blog Post so while i am not in the Blog Hop rotation, I hope you will read my blog today.  

So here are my cards for my non-Blog Hop post for the Technique Junkies October Release stamps. 

For my first card  I used the Technique Junkies stamps Need a Crown - www.techniquejunkies.com/need-a-crown/The crown background paper was perfect for this image.  The blue was sponged on.  The image was colored with Copic markers.


My second card is with the new TJ image Grace in Her Heart - www.techniquejunkies.com/grace-in-her-heart/ -  Is just plain a fun stamp to use!  Her face is colored in with Cop markers carefully as the image was heat embossed with Detail Fine Black Embossing Powder. They sky is sponged.  And I used paper piecing with a fine glitter paper for her dress to give it that elegant flair.  


My third card is the new Technique Junkies stamps release of Let It Snow - www.techniquejunkies,com/let-it-snow/I think this was a favorite with all of the Design Team!  There are several cards with this stamp on the Blog Hop today! 

I used an embossing folder with swirls that similar to the snow swirls in the stamp.  I lightly sponged some navy ink on those swirls!  There is used a die cut  snowflake frame on top of those swirls.  The sky is sponged, and the image is painted with Twinkling H2O's.  I added ornaments on the tree and snowflakes in the sky with Nuvo Crystal Drops - http://techniquejunkies.com/nuvo-products/?sort=featured&page=2  .

And my last card for you today is using the new TJ release of Turn On the Light - www.techniquejunkies.com/turn-on-the-light/ .   It is heat embossed then sponged with yellow ink, fussy cut, and then mounted on this special fold card.  I chose to use this wheat background paper because of the sunlight  shining so brightly and highlighting the wheat.  

So I miss being in the Blog Hop Link up but I hope you will go all the way through the Hop today anyway!  

You can go through the Hop beginning here: http://techniquejunkies.blogspot.com/2017/10/technique-junkies-october-release-and.html.  And you can see all all of the new Technique Junkies stamps October release here: http://techniquejunkies.com/october-2017/ . 


And as Pat usually does there is a 15% off discount on all of the newly released Technique Junkies stamps.  The discount comes off automatically through October 8. And when you purchase anything else you can get a 10% discount by using the code TJ10Judy!  I love a discount!
Have a great day getting inky!  And go shopping!  

Judy Jackson

3 comments:

Cheri said...

Wow, wow, wow, Judy! When on earth did you find time to create these beauties? Amazing work here, my friend. So happy you are home and your recovery is going better. Think about you and pray for you. We missed you in the hop today, but so happy you've posted your cards so we didn't miss them.

Ro Donner said...

Yeah! What Cheri said! I couldn’t agree more! So glad you are feeling better and thanks for sharing your great cards!

Beth Norman said...

Lovely work. Even more special because you made them when you were under the weather. So glad you had a chance to post them. Love your snowman card. So nice with blue background on your main image.