Monday, October 22, 2018

A Christmas Pine Spray - Day 8 of the 30 Days of Christmas


It is the wonderful season of the 30 Days of Christmas for Technique Junkies!  And there is 20% off of all Christmas stamps during this period. 

I used 3 Technique Junkies Stamps for this card: Old Wall, Seasons Greetings, and Merry Christmas 2.

First I stamped the Old Wall stamp on white card stock.  I added color to the bricks in this order - coral, rust, and then a deep red.  I used a beigy-green ink and burnished the entire card.  I added more ink  to the dotted areas on the wall to give depth.   I burnished the same ink over the bricks to age them a bit.The pine spray for the "door" in my imagination was stamped using a stamp positioner like the MISTI.  I placed the old wall panel in the MISTI and laid the pine bough down in the center of the panel.  I inked the stamp with a dark meadow green and stamped it on the wall panel. I repeated applying ink and stamped it again to be sure no areas were missed.  I cleaned that stamp and applied Versamark twice, and then covered it with  clear embossing powder and heat set it. 

I repeated the above process four times, each time moving the pine bough to the right or left to create a full spray for the "door." This panel was attached to the green layer and then to the base card. I tied the ribbon bow and attached  two metal pine cones with gold elastic cording to the bow.   

After the saying was stamped it was punched out and then layer with green and 3 small circles behind the saying.  The grouping was attached with pop up foam adhesive.  After all was assembled I gave the entire card a quick spray all over with Dazzle Shimmering Bliss spray.

Please remember to use the discount code TJ10Judy when you order to get a ten percent discount off of your total order. 

Have a wonderful day and get inky!!

Judy Jackson

No comments: