Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Oh What Fun! A New Year and New Stamps!

Every month (with the exception of December),   Pat Huntoon comes up with new stamps images.  She strives to be unique, and different than any other stamp company out there.  And I think she has succeeded!  And for the first month of this new year, I believe you will find these stamps fit those categories. You can find all of the new January stamps here!  Remember all of the new stamps for January 2020 are automatically 15% off.  And you can stack my own personal Design Team code TJ10Judy and get another 10% off.  Just put the code into the coupon box when you get out.



You should have come to me from the blog of  Jeanne Streiff.  But you can also begin your blog travels today by starting at the beginning with the official Technique Junkies Design Team blog.  From there you can travel every single blog and be truly inspired by the wonderful work on these blogs. 

This is my first card for you today.  The verse is in a Technique Junkies set of four stamps called Modern Encouragement.  We can all use encouragement,  right?  This set is a new release for Janauary.

The background stamp is called Artistic Mess.  I have had the stamp for a while and this is my first time to use it.  I will use it again! I am sure most stampers can relate to that!!  First I sprayed my piece of card stock with 2-3 different colors of Shimmering Bliss sprays. Then I used my heat tool to dry the card stock completely.  I used stamping platform and stamped the image over and over with Versamark then I poured an embossing powder that contained varying shades of blue. Immediately after melting the first layer, I reapplied more embossing powder in the same shade.  I repeated that process until the melted powder had an almost liquid look, and I was satisfied with the end results.  I created the greeting panel slightly different.    I stamped the greeting first with Versafine Black ink.  Then I used the same embossing as before and repeated the same process until there were about 3 layers of embossing powder.   Then I sprayed the  same colors of Shimmering Bliss that I used before on the background.  Layering and ruffled ribbon finish the card.

My next card shows the frustration of dieting and wishing for sweet treats.  Diet Wagon is just funny. Most of us have been there! I stamped the image on white card stock with Versafine Black and heat embossed.  Then I placed liquid glue on the flames and added some gilding flakes. Then using  my stamp platform, I reinked the flames, restamped, and heat embossed.   The sky and grass were sponged.    And I just had to add a die cut cup cake!



My last card features the new released Technique Junkies Birthday Queen. I colored the cat face with Copic markers.  But the dress and the border were colored with Kaiser Craft Glitter Gel Pens. These pens are wonderfully easy to color with!  My daughter loves cats and would love this card!



So those cards were my creative take with a few of the newly released January stamps.  I hope you find  many that will appeal to you.  I will have more cards to show you during the rest of January. 

Here is a complete list of all of the Design Team member's blogs for your eye candy as you travel from to blog to blog! Please look at every blog.



Be sure take advantage of both the automatic 15% off discount for all of the newly released stamps in January,

and take advantage of the Design Team code - TJ10Judy! They stack for a 25% discount on the new stamps!

Have a wonderful new year -- getting inky!!

2 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very nice cards, Judy. I really like your first card. Reading your method, it was certainly a labour of love. You've inspired me to put the background into my wishlist. Happy New Year. Received your beautiful card. I didn't send out cards except for mom and sisters. Too blue.

Patti J said...

Judy, these are all wonderful! Thanks for sharing the background info - it's awesome! Happy New Year to you!