Wednesday, January 22, 2020

With Sympathy



We always need sympathy cards.  I tend to make between 5 to 10 sympathy cards at once.  It seems to me when I need one sympathy card, I will need 3 to 4 cards all about the same time.  

This sympathy card is created from an embossing folder.   I used a sponge dauber to add dye based ink to the surface of the embossed roses and leaves.  Then I used a paint brush to push ink around the surface and into the crevices created by the embossing folder.   I smooshed a darker pink on a non-porous surface and used that as a palette with a paint brush to add a darker shade of pink (or green) to make the roses seem more realistic.  

I heat set it to dry the ink on the card stock.  Then I applied Versafine  black ink and heat embossed the greeting on the front of the card. 

I sent this card to a friend who recently lost her father. 

Have a great day and get inky.


No comments: