Monday, June 21, 2021

Escape in a Sailboat!



This card may look complicated but it really isn't.    But there were a few steps.  

1. I stamped the Stormy Sea border twice,  and used blending brushes with several shades of ink to color in both borders.  It didn't matter if i neatly applied the ink or not because  I would be fussy cutting both borders.

2.  I used the cloud edger stencil  to create the sky with several shades of ink.   I brought the sky down as far as I thought I might need it because I was going to layer both Stormy Sea borders at the bottom. 

3. I stamped the sentiment from Ocean Frame Stenitments as high as I could on the cloud panel.   I stamped it with Versa fine black ink and heat embossed it clean embossing powder.

4.  I positioned the fussy cut first Stormy Sea border  so that  the sentiment was not covered and adhered it to the panel.

5. Then I stamped the sail boat section of the Sailing Panel and colored the boat with Copic markers.  I fussy cut out the boat and positioned and adhered it to the first Stormy Sea border.   Then I adhered the second fussy cut Stormy Sea border over the boat and the first Stormy Sea border  so that the sail boat looked like it was really sailing through that story sea to get back to land.   

6. Then I trimmed off any excess from the finished panel.  I knew there would be excess so I planned for this.  I layered it on navy card stock, and then on the yellow.    I am positive that sailor knows he has escaped the ordinary and will be glad when he returns to solid land!

 There is an excellent deal if you "gotta have them all!"    You save $26.45!!!  Wow! What a savings!

You can use TJ10Judy to save 10% off of everything that is not currently on sale.
I hope your day is absolutely marvelous, and that you have some time to get inky.  




1 comment:

Patti J said...

Judy, this is gorgeous! What a clever idea to put the sailboat in the stormy waves! You rocked this card, my friend! Hope you’re enjoying Pa! Hugs…