Saturday, December 15, 2018

Beautiful Poinsettias


I saw a sample card at a rubber stamp show.  I loved this lovely  poinsettia stamp.  It is a Penny Black stamp called Scarlet Majesty  and the verse is also Penny Black and is in a set called Rejoice with Joy.

Sometimes when you see  card on display at a stamp show you can see exactly how to make the card.  I could not with this  card, and I had to proceed with trial and error.  I thought it was colored direct to stamp with markers but no, that did not turn out well.    What worked well was to use finger daubers with ink from the the stamp pad directly on the stamp. Then I very lightly spritzed the stamp with a very fine mist of water and stamped it on white card stock.  I repeated it a second time in the corner.  I added the verse stamped with Versafine black ink and embossed with detail black embossing powder.  I added  small pearly dots with my Nuvo drops Ivory Seashell.  Many vendors carry this product.   I burnished the green background with my sponge and olive green ink. I misted over the top with Technique Junkies Dazzle Shimmering Bliss Topper. 


It is not a difficult card but it is a little time consuming but I feel it was worth the effort. 

Use my discount code TJ10Judy for ten percent off of your order of Technique Junkies products, including the Shimmering Bliss sprays. .

Stamps for 25 cents? YUP! Technique Junkies is in the middle of inventory here at the Technique Junkies Web store, and we have way too many stamps in our warehouse -- and I put a few hundred on sale! There are two categories: Cling Mounted, and Unmounted. Some stamps have never been on the website before! Many of the stamps are discounted well over 50%. Take a look! You could take home some good loot for a $10.00 bill! 
Unmounted Stamps Clearance: 
http://techniquejunkies.com/unmounted-stamps-mega-clearance/ 
Cling Mounted Stamps Clearance: http://techniquejunkies.com/cling-mounted-stamps-mega-clearance/

This sale is only good until these discounted stamps are going, going, gone!!!


Have a great day getting inky!

Judy Jackson

No comments: