Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Life is Art!!


I created this card with a focal image stamped with Technique Junkies Live In Color from the May TJ release!! The feather was colored with my Copic markers.  I added a burlap ribbon and a few sequins as embellishments. 

The background paper was created from a piece  of  8x8 inch paper  commercially available  from a "big box store."  I sprayed several colors of Distress Chalk ink sprays. I have learned that spraying over some type of background paper gives you a more interesting look than just spraying over plain white card stock.  At least I liked it better.  Then I used several stencils here and there over the sprays.  I used Lace Doily StencilWispy Vines Stencil,  and an Art Anthology Stencil called Dot Matrix.

Then I added ink here and there to the Technique Junkies French Text.  I stamped the randomly inked areas here and there on the background.

Pat Huntoon is offering this very fun stamp for free!  The Make a Wish stamp is free with a $30 purchase (before taxes) - this cannot be purchased in May, it’s only available as free with purchase.

Have a wonderful day -- and make some time to get inky!!


1 comment:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

When I first saw this, I was instantly in love. Such a beautiful piece. Your background rocks my world!