Monday, January 11, 2021

With Deepest Sympathy




Sometimes right at sunset the water can take on the glow of the setting sun and the golden aura the clouds show.  That is what I tried to do with this card.  

I used Technique Junkies  Old Pier and and a stamp from the With Sympathy set.    I also used A Colorful Life Designs Cloud Edger stencil. 

To achieve this look these are the steps I took:
1. I used a stamping platform and Memento ink to stamp Old Pier.  I made four cards so I did this four times.  I completed each of the following steps  in an assembly line fashion so that the ink blending brush I started with using a pale yellow would not get "contaminated" with the darkers shades of ink I was using.  I wanted to complete the four cards before I cleaned my ink blending brushes.  
2.  I used a small circle die and cut out a circle in the middle of a sticky note that had sticky all over the back.
3.  I placed the circle opening just above the water line and used an Ink Blending Brush  from the set to add a pale yellow over the sun opening, and on the water all over.  In addition I used the same yellow to create the first layer of clouds.
4. I removed the opening sticky note and placed the solid circle sticky note mask over the sun.  Because sticky notes don't always to stick to ink, I used a little removable adhesive on the back.
5.  I then used a different blending brush with white pigment ink to create the paler reflection in the water.   
6.  I then used a slightly darker yellow ink and went around the sun mask to create a glow around the pale yellow sun.  I added more ink to the water and avoided the white ink in the water, and to create some additional depth to the clouds.
7.  I applied another darker shade of yellow and went over the water, avoiding the white ink as above,  and added more depth to the clouds with the cloud edger stencil.
8.  I repeated step 7 with a rusty ink.  I used very little rust ink in the clouds.
9.  I inked up the same blending brush from the various yellow inks with a soft brown and added shadows to the water.   I did not apply brown ink to the clouds.
10.  I positioned the words from the With Sympathy set in the stamping platform.  I placed a sheet of plastic packaging over the card and checked the position of the words before I applied the Versafine Black ink.    I went over the card front with an embossing buddy because I was concerned that other inks might be damp and hold the clear embossing powder.  I did not want that.  
11.  The wording was stamped with Versafine black ink, and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
  
By the time this is posted on my blog, I will have arrived in Florida for the winter.    I am  glad to have to have several sympathy cards prepared and with me, just in case I need them.  I hope I don't!    I am hoping for a healthy 2021 for me and my family and friends.  

As always,  you can save 10% off of your total order using the code TJ10Judy.   

And have you seen all of the new January stamps in one place for Technique Junkies?  And did you know if  you love them all and want to have them all, you can get an automatic  25% discount.  So if you Gotta Have It ALL click this blue hyperlink!


Be healthy and get inky!!


 

 

2 comments:

bkazoo said...

Sympathy cards are always so difficult. Thank you for sharing your inspiring card. I have found I like to do multiple cards when I do sit down so I have extras on hand in case I emotionally can’t do one at the time I need it. Thank you.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Gorgeous. I love all the yellow and combination of stamps.