Thursday, February 10, 2022

My Altered Book

 Several years ago -- perhaps many years ago, it was close to 8 years ago -- I participated in a weekly stamping group.  Usually we just brought what ever we were working on for ourselves.  But once in a while we would work on a group project.  We did it for birthdays, for Christmas, and sometimes just for fun.  One of our members (I think it was my friend, Diane) had this idea for covering pages in a book  to "alter it."  Each of us was to take a season and plan for two pages. Then we would each do our own cover and add any fold out sections or pockets we wanted to add.  For some reason, we never finished this project.  At least I didn't and I don't know if any of the rest finished theirs.  

Then I found it this past summer when I moved.  I decided to bring and I promised myself I would finish it.  I wanted it to be a "faith book" and the pages filled with poems and Scriptures that were meaningful to me in some way.   The only pictures would be of me and my hubby.  I didn't start out with that in mind.  It just worked out that way.  

The stamps I used are from a variety of companies and I would know a few companies.  I used some die cuts that I created recently.  I used some Artist Trading Cards  that I created years ago.  I also used other images I have purchased.    Please enjoy this book.  

This is the cover.

This is the inside of the cover --


Then the winter pages ---



The Spring pages ---




It was hard to get the pages to lay flat.

The summer pages -- and they had some fold out flaps.






The fall pages, and yes, there are fold out flaps.




Here is a clearer view of the last Fall page.

And now the summer pages -- with a pocket, and flaps. The page on the right has an image stamped by Jane Bosi.   I saved it and hoped I would just be able to CASE it at best or use it!  I have told Jane  That I have used it in my book.  











This is the end of my book.    I hope you have enjoyed looking at it.  

Have a great day and get inky.  

Judy Jackson

3 comments:

happyDiane said...

Judy it turned out fantastic! You really used your creativity!!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

So so b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l and e-l-e-g-a-n-t. The care you poured into this book is apparent. You know I love altered books/flaps/pockets. What a fond memory of getting together with friends. And what a beautiful memory for you personally. I enlarged your wedding photo and did you look beautiful. Thanks for sharing this keepsake.

Mitzi said...

I have a friend who creates beautiful journals and they are very similar to altered books. I am going to share this with her as she will love your work as much as I. It's so great that you finished this beautiful piece of art!