Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Born to Garden


I have had some kind of a garden since about 1974.  Some years were more successful than others.  Even during my retirement years I had some kind of a tiny garden.  There is nothing like a fresh tomato right from the garden!  I clearly remember the year I returned to teaching after our 3 children were all in school.  During that time we lived in Upstate New York.  Gardening season doesn't begin until Memorial Day, and you should hope to have stuff harvested by Labor Day because you could have real killing frost over the Labor Day weekend.  That year August was very cool, VERY cool.  We hardly had temperatures about 75.  Tomatoes do not ripen well with temperatures that cool.  But about the second week of September - BOOM!  Temperatures in the high 80s and low 90s.  And all the tomatoes ripened at once.  The problem was I was fully immersed in teaching a grade I had never taught before.  I was swamped.  Then it started raining for days and days.  So my good friend came over in the rain, harvested all of those tomatoes and canned them.  I had to work!  When I saw this stamp, Born to Garden, I knew it was true!  

I used dye based markers to add ink to the various parts of the stamp.  It worked well.  

If after looking at the new April Release stamps,   you decide you just have to get them at such a tremendous savings  -  just click on the "Gotta Have Them All" link and you will get a WOW discount!!




And now if there are stamps and supplies you want of need besides things already on sale -- you can get another 10% of by using the code TJ10Judy.







 

 

 

No comments: