Saturday, June 4, 2016

Beach Day!

I have a good friend who loves the beach and is totally energized by being at the beach. I know she would love to say that she needs a daily dose of Vitamin Sea!  So with that in mind I created this card.

I stamped the Technique Junkie  Beautiful Conch image S667 - www.techniquejunkies.com/beautiful-conch/ with Memento Rich Cocoa ink. Then I used Copic markers to color in the conch.  I sponged color for the sand and the sky.  I used a brown marker and added ink direct to rubber on the "flecky" area of the stamp Oak Relief - S641 http://techniquejunkies.com/oak-relief/. I stamped that flecky area to the sponged  sand area to add visual texture. 

The verse is a Technique Junkie stamp called Beach Day - SDX071 - www.techniquejunkies.com/beach-day/_.  

So if you cannot get to the beach -- well then stamp. Have a great day and get inky. 


3 comments:

C. M. Taylor said...

I agree a dose of vitamin Sea is good for what ails you.

Hetty said...

Wow, beautiful card. Here we have nothing like that on our beaches. But it is always good to be at the seaside.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Beautiful card. Your shell looks so real.