Wednesday, June 1, 2016

The Delights of New June Stamps -- and a SALE!

We think of June as the beginning of summer.    And where I live -- summer means the beach and the ocean for many people.  I live only a few hours from the Atlantic Ocean.  I was so excited to see that ALL of the Technique Junkie Stamps June releases are all ocean and beach themed.  So sit back and enjoy thoughts of summer and the beach.  And as always, Pat Huntoon has a 15% off sale on all new June releases.  And just in case you don't notice this -- there is also a clearance section of both stamps and accessories.  So have a look.  You just might find something you didn't know you really need.

This Technique Junkie June Release blog hop begins with http://techniquejunkies.blogspot.com/. And officially the Blog Hop starts at 9:00 Eastern Daylight Savings Time.

And I have a contest so please read to the end!

This first card features a large Technique Junkie background stamp of a Conch shell (Beautiful Conch - S667 - www.techniquejunkies.com/beautiful-conch/) which I stamped with Versafine Vintage Sepia and used clear embossing powder.  After it was heat set I  painted the shell with slightly thinned  Art Anthology Gel Medium paints.  When the gel medium was completely dry, I used two shades of Colorations sprays - a light brown for the beach sand and a light blue for the sky. And of course, I wiped off the excess spray with a paper towel right away. I layered this background panel on chocolate brown card stock. After tying a lovely ribbon around this panel I layered it on an ocean blue card stock. The mermaid and the coordinating poem (Technique Junkie By the Sea - SS060 -  www.techniquejunkies.com/by-the-sea-set-of-6/) were stamped on vellum and heat embossed with black detail embossing powder over Versafine Black ink.   I can hear the mermaid calling in the sounds from the conch shell, can you?


This card uses old and new Technique Junkie Stamps.  The old stamp is Technique Junkie The Tropics S150 - http://techniquejunkies.com/the-tropics/.   The new stamp is from By the Sea SS060 - www.techniquejunkies.com/by-the-sea-set-of-6/ . I used Shimmering White card stock so there is a subtle shimmer to the image.   I used direct to rubber with markers right on the stamp.  I "huffed" to re moisten the marker ink and stamped, I used a water pen to pull the color from the ink on the lines of the ocean.  The background hill  needed to have the color moistened and spread around with the water pen as well.  The trunk of the palm tree needed more color so I added that.  I wanted to create a few coconuts for the tree.  I pressed my Versamark pad on a scrap of brown paper. Then I covered that ink with some variegated brown embossing powder and heat set it.  I punched out circles with a 1/4 punch glued them on the tree.I stamped the saying with black Versafine ink, covered with clear embossing powder, and heat set.  I spread some sand in glue on the beach and let it dry well.   It totally has the feel of the beach and ocean.  I can just picture being there in my mind.  


This wonderful new Technique Junkie stamp is called Pebble Beach S699 - www.techniquejunkies.com/pebble-beach/.  I also used  the other new Technique Junkie stamp release Beachin' It - SDX074 -  www.techniquejunkies.com/beachin-it/.  I colored the starfish and the larger shells-- and some of the smaller shells with Copic markers. Then I painted some glimmer mist over the star fish and larger shells. I layered the central  panel on brown and then peach card stock.  The words were stamped with Versafine Vintage Sepia ink, covered with clear embossing powder, and heat set.  Tiny shells in a glue medium were added in a couple of spots to add texture. 


This "Collar Fold" technique  is  relatively new to me.  I learned it from friends in my local friends Wednesday stamping group.  About 4-5 of us get together every week to stamp, and chat.  We do some stamping and a lot of chatting.  One of those friends, Pam, learned  a new technique from another friend.  It is pretty basic and relatively easy.  On one long side of background paper find the mid-point.  Make a slit about 1 3/4 inch in at this mid point.   Then score a fold line from the end of the slit to the corner of the background paper and gently fold back.  Add a small amount of adhesive  under the folder "shirt collar."  You do not want to adhere the whole collar because leaving it slightly "up" you get more visual texture.  You can use certainly use a greeting where I added a button.  You want to be sure that your slit and then folded collar area allows enough room for your chose greeting. I made my focal image be the words on the new Technique Junkie stamp Learn to Surf -SD681 - www.techniquejunkies.com/learn-to-surf/.  To create an emboss-able image i first inked the stamp with Versamark ink, and inked up the stamp with a deep blue dye based ink.  I added clear embossing powder and heat set it.Therefore I didn't want to add another greeting so I used a fancy button and used my special snips to cut off the loop on the bottom of the button where you would sew it on to the fabric. I used a striped shimmer paper for the bottom layer on my card base.  A nautical background paper added to the ocean theme of the stamp.  



Last month I had a contest as well.  I will send a card I have made with one of the new Technique Junkie June release stamps to one person who makes a comment on this blog post.  You must make your comment by June 5 by 5:00 PM.  Usually I can discover the email address of the person writing the comment.  But if I cannot I cannot send you the card because I cannot contact you.  So you may want to add your  email  address in your comment.  Please do it safely by writing your email address like this - janedoe at 123 dot com.   This way your email address is more difficult for email harvesting hacks to harvest your email address from my blog.

I always find it so interesting to go through a blog hop and see the different  ways and ideas the different designers have with the same colors -- or as in the TJ Design Team -- with the same stamps. Pat doesn't send all of the newly released stamps to every Design Team member.   But several of us get the same stamps.  So  please continue through the Blog Hop to see how each designer uses these wonderful stamps.   And don't forget -- ALL of the JUNE release stamps are on sale for 15% off through June 8. 

Now for the entire Blog Hop schedule -- Start right here with the Technique Junkie blog:
Design Team Blog: http://techniquejunkies.blogspot.com
Karen McAlpine: www.dreamingncreating.blogspot.com
Kathy Stacy: https://craftynurse4u.wordpress.com
Jane Bosi: http://janembosi.blogspot.com
Beth Norman: http://www.sunflowers-dragonflies.ca
Pam DeChellis: http://journeyawakensthesoul.blogspot.com/
Judy Jackson: http://judysstampart.blogspot.com - You are here. 
Tonya Davidson: http://stampintonya.blogspot.com - Your next stop

Pat Huntoon: http://patstamps.blogspot.com
Robin  Redd: http://robinredd.typepad.com/reddrobinstudios/
Marilyn Hughes: http://dollsetc.blogspot.com/2016/06/june-new-releases-technique-junkies.html


And don't forget my contest! You just might win a card! Please leave a comment below.

Happy stamping -- and get inky!




8 comments:

Karen McAlpine said...

Hi Judy! Love all your projects!! I like how you "painted" on the glimmer mist--great idea. I imagine you get more control then just spraying the mist. I will try it! Love the conch shell coloring!

Kathy S said...

All beautiful Judy but my favorite is the 1st - love it!!

C. M. Taylor said...

Beautiful works of art! TFS your inspirations with us.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Your cards are lovely, Judy. I love the mermaid over the shell. You do love your vellum.

Redd Robin Studios said...

Such fabulous cards!

Hetty said...

Wow, Judy, those are wonderfyl cards!

happyDiane said...

Some great cards Judy!!

Tarnished Rose said...

Wonderful as always.
Marilyn