Monday, June 27, 2016

I Am a Mermaid!

At one time or another, nearly everyone is fascinated by mermaids.  And when we were children we may have pondered if there was even a remote chance they could be real. 

All of the Technique Junkie stamps used on this card are from the stamp set By the Sea SS060 - www.techniquejunkies.com/by-the-sea-set-of-6/ 


I die cut the mermaid tag from white card stock, and die cut two of the soft blue card stock so i could make a proper frame for the mermaid tag.  I sponged a variety of colors to simulate colors in the water including the reflection of the sun.  Then I used black  Versafine ink to stamp the mermaid and the verse on vellum.   I covered the mermaid with an iridescent clear embossing powder so she has a sparkle to her -- which unfortunately you cannot see in the scan.  The verse was covered with clear embossing powder and both were heat set.  I used clear instead of detail black powder because the script letters in the verse are on the smaller side and close together.  If I used black embossing powder the letter would have a tendency to smoosh together and make ti difficult to read.  Using clear embossing powder helps to prevent this from happening. 

I used a piece of background paper from my stash that looks like waves on the sea.  I used my Xyron machine to put adhesive on the back of the vellum to adhere the vellum to the card stock. Ribbon is tied on the tag as an embellishment and the whole tag is popped up with dimensionals to add visual interest.  

Did you ever pretend to be a mermaid at the ocean or in a swimming pool?

Have a great day and get inky!


1 comment:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Beautiful. Like you, I'm in love with the mermaid set.