Thursday, June 16, 2016

Surfing Waves

Have you ever made a card a just struggled with it?  That is what happened with this card.  I tried two approaches at first and neither  satisfied me.  I had to rethink what I was doing and do something totally different from what I started with.  The tag used to be a whole panel that I trimmed down for a tag.  

I created the tag with the Antiqued Glimmer technique and then stamped Technique Junkie Stamps Sea Waves S628 - http://techniquejunkies.com/sea-waves/ -  over the antique glimmers.  I stamped and heat embossed the black lettering of the Technique Junkie stamp Learn to Surf - SD681 - www.techniquejunkies.com/learn-to-surf/. on vellum and tore around the verse.  The vellum was adhered to the tag panel after I had run it through my Xyron machine, 

Sparkles, shells,  ribbons, and a faux button were attached to the tag. I wish you could see the white panel. It is a shimmer paper that has swirls almost like ocean waves - beautiful.

Float away on the waves -- and then get inky!


2 comments:

Penny Duncan said...

Oh I really like how this turned out!!! Very pretty and the phrase is beautiful!!

Hetty said...

Great sentimen, Judy.