Saturday, June 25, 2016

Friends by the Sea!

Friends are so important in our life.  Doing things with our friends is one of the things that adds quality to our lives.  Here are two long time friends (in my imagination) standing together on the boat. They are sharing some quality time by the sea!


Technique Junkie stamps By the Sea SS060 - www.techniquejunkies.com/by-the-sea-set-of-6/ , and Old Friends - http://techniquejunkies.com/old-friends/ are used.  Once again I cut off the saying in the Old Friends stamp in order to make it easier to stamp the scene without the words.  However, I left it "like a puzzle" so the saying will fit back into the stamp as though I had not cut it off.  

I used a finger dauber and some yellow ink to swirl the sun in the top right corner. The sky is sponged.  I inked up the Old Friends stamp  with Memento Rich Cocoa. Then I took a cloth and wiped off the brown ink on the ocean.  I inked that with a blue dye based marker direct to rubber. The boat and the friends are colored with Copic markers.  The saying By the Sea is  heat embossed with detail black embossing powder.

Have a great day -- and contact an old friend!  And get inky.




2 comments:

Diana Enns said...

Very nice card. You did a great job of "stacking" the images.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Love how you combined the stamps. Very unique idea.