Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Butterflies with Text


I used Butterfly Collage with Text for this card.  And I used Nuvo Glitter Markers to color it. 

I described this technique in a previous blog post.  But I will write it here again.  I first stamped the image with Gina K black amalgam ink using a stamp platform.  Keep the image firmly in place in the stamp platform as this is very important.   Then I colored with the Nuvo Glitter Markers.   They add a wonderful shimmer but sometimes they are a little opaque and obscure the image a bit.  That is why it is important to keep the stamped image in the stamping platform. Before this next step run over the image with some kind of embossing buddy to prevent stray embossing powder from attaching where you will not want it to attach. After I finished adding the color, then I reinked the image with Versafine black pigment ink.  Because the stamped and colored image is still in your stamping platform you will get an exact image over the first image.  Ink it well and double check every part of the image is covered with pigment ink.  Now remove the card stock and  cover it with clear embossing powder and heat set. Done. Isn't your image lovely! 

Save money - we all want to right?  Use TJ10Judy when you check out and you will save 10% on your entire order. 

Have a great and healthy day!  Get inky.

No comments: