Thursday, April 30, 2020

WWDB Challenge Theme - Get Well Card #6


I saw a flower pot card recently somewhere online -- and that inspired.  I did my own measurements which I will share with you. 

The flower pot was created from 2 pieces of 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 inch  terra cotta colored cardstock.   I scored and folded down a  1 1/2  inch flap. Then using that flap I used a die cut to create a border.  Use whatever border punch or die you have.  Then a measured 1/2 inch from each side at the bottom.  I drew a line from that dot to the top corner, and cut off the excess.   Then I measure the back piece to be about 1/8 inch smaller to the top of the pot so that it was easier to insert the greeting tab. I ran a line of adhesive under the flap to make sure it stayed down.   I used red line tape to adhere the front to the back.  Having the 1/8th lower border in the back made it much easier to  to slip the daisy tag inside!  After I adhered the front and back together, then I spritzed the front of of the flower pot with Harvest Sunset Shimmering Bliss.   One of the surprises was that the Shimmering Bliss made the lacy border stand out in relief!   

I stamped two white panels with black ink  with Vintage Daisy Collage.   You will need most of the daisies  from both panels.  I "fussy cut" all of the daisies out.   I stamped the greeting from Something Will Grow.   I wrote Get Well Soon at the bottom.  

After cutting out all the daisies, then I played with them a bit to see how they could overlap  to fill the flower top.  Some of the individual daisies were adhered here or there to be pleasing to my eye.  I drew a ling about one inch from the top of the tag and ran adhesive tape over the entire inch.  Then i placed the flowers down.   I had to add a tiny Glue Dot in a few places to be sure the daisies were secure.  I over lapped the one inch adhesive line so I had about an inch of daisies to  lay over the edge of the flower pot.  I didn't want any of the white panel to show under the flowers. I had a tiny bit of fiber to make into a small bow and used a Glue Dot to attach it.

 I fussy cut the bee and attached him to the front of the flower pot.   I drew the black antennae and the two wings under the wings with a narrow marker.  I used the Nuvo Glitter Gloss Aqua pen to add shimmer to the bee's wings.  Did you know these pens have more shimmer than the Wink of Stella?

I used the flower from Something Will Grow to decorate the envelope.   Because of the size of the card, I needed to use an A6  size envelope.   The flowers are heat embossed.  Press Versamark over the flower and stem.  Then used an ink pad on the flower,  dye based markers in green and brown to color the stem and  flower center.  Using the Versamark pad first creates the pigment for clear embossing powder to stick.  

I hope you are enjoying spring flowers!  And I hope you are able to find time to get inky.


No comments: