Friday, May 1, 2020

Magnificent May -- Magnificent Stamps and a Magnificent Discount

Today is a special day, it is the May Stamp Release Day!!  There are absolutely fabulous stamps in this release! Go here to look at all of these wonderful May Release stamps!   I think you will agree they are fabulous.  To begin the Blog Hop go here.

My first card is a just a great sentiment stamps!  Technique Junkies Being A Family  will be useful in all kinds of situations.  I colored the leaves with Twinkling H2Os.  I added a few die cute leaves.  Tee stamp was heat embossed.

  

 Dogs and cats have such quirky smiles, don't they?  Buddies is a photo stamp and sometimes they can be hard to get a crisp image. Let me tell you how to get this clear image with a photo stamp.  If you are going to watercolor the image, do not use this technique.  For this card I used glossy cardstock.  I did NOT use photo paper.  Photo paper has an emulsion on the surface and when you put dye based ink on top of photo paper, it creates a mess.  This does not happen with glossy paper.   I put the card stock in a stamping platform.  Then I centered the stamp on top of the card stock. I inked up a brayer and ran the brayer over the stamp in one direction.  Then I inked up the brayer again and then ran it in the opposite direction from the first brayering.  This makes sure that all areas of the stamp are fully inked.  Press the lid down firmly on the glossy card stock, but do not smoosh it hard.  That will cause the stamped  image to have blurry lines.  Repeat if the image is not sharply stamped.   You must let the ink fully dry before you do anything else with this image.  You can heat set the image to dry it.  After it was completely dry, I trimmed the image and layered and mounted it.  I stamped Life is Short on green vellum and heat set it.  I mounted that green vellum on white card stock and adhered it to my card.


My last card uses the new background Forget Me Nots and I heat embossed them with detail white  embossing powder.  Then I spritzed Festive Flamingo Shimmering Bliss over the entire panel.  I   gently wiped the ink off of the embossed images.  Then I heat set the card stock.  I stamped  the beautiful Build Windmills image and heat embossed it with detail black embossing powder.   I painted the image with Twinkling H2Os.   

Now for your viewing pleasure, please hop along on this Blog Hop.  I have the pleasure of seeing the art work ahead of time, and I can tell you it is beautiful.  

Judy Jackson - You are here now!
Ro Donner - Go here next!
Saving money is ALWAYS good. Every one of us has needs and wants to spend money on. So here is a couple of ways to help you. All of the new Technique Junkies May Release stamps are automatically 15% off through May 8th. You do not need a coupon. The discount will show up in your cart. Then you can also use this extra coupon -- TJ10Judy -- and save another 10% on your entire order! What a deal!!

I hope you are healthy and enjoying warm spring weather. I hope you have a chance to get inky!! 😍

No comments: