Tuesday, May 5, 2020

WWDB Challenge Week 3 - Card #4 - Roses


I used Old Fashioned Roses for this card, and Wonderful World for the inside verses.   I saw a card recently with dark purplish flowers.    I honestly do not remember who created the card.   But I decided I wanted to try the same idea.  But it required some "stamp surgery."  So I looked at my TJ flower stamps and decided I could do the needed surgery on this flower stamp.   I used my MISTI for this card.   I posted the pictures below to help with telling you what I did.   

1.  The first picture shows you where I cut the stamp into two sections I have the mini MISTI.  I spread the two parts of the stamp into opposite corners.  

2. Then I cut a piece of watercolor paper 4 3/4 inches by 6 inches.  This larger than an A2 size paper allowed for all of the stamp - both parts - to be stamped on the watercolor paper.  I wanted to do that so that i could trim off the excess paper  for the final card.  I stamped it several times to be sure it was well inked.  I stamped it with Versafine Onyx black ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  

3. When I was finished with the card and knew I would not have to stamp it again I removed the two stamp pieces from the lid of the MISTI and put the stamp away in the stamp case.  I included this picture so you can see that two pieces fit together like a puzzle and they can stamp one image just as though the stamp had never been cut apart.  


Then I squirted a purplish berry reinker and green reinker on a plastic palette.  I sprayed clear water on those to dilute the color strength of the reinkers.   I painted the roses and leaves and worked at getting the depth of color I desired. I had to heat set the front to dry several times so I could add more color in various places.  When I had finished the the watercoloring, the I put some black reinker on my palette and slightly diluted it.  I chose a paint brush I felt could give me the splatters I wanted on the card front.  I did a test piece on a scrap paper.  Some brushes give large spatters and some give
finer splatters.  I wanted finer splatters.   Then I carefully spritzed Dazzle Shimmering Bliss Topper on the CORNERS of the card front and heat set it to dry quickly.  I didn't want the black splatters to run!

I stacked 3 small pieces o f pearlized vellum together after i had run them through my Xyron machine.  That made the vellum more opaque with a pearlized  look.  After I peeled off the back  to get to the adhesive.   I stuck it down on the card front and then decided it was too light in color.  I took a fine point brush  added a light touch of the same purplish berry color to most of the surface.


Then I chose Wonderful World for the inside verse.   I used marker direct to rubber for a corner of the roses stamp for the corner of the envelope.  


While this card does not use any May Release stamps you can still order them and get the automatic  15% discount.  Plus you can use the code TJ10Judy and get 10% off of your entire order -- including the May Release Stamps.  
  I your day is going well and you find some "get inky" time.

No comments: