Friday, May 8, 2020

WWDB Challenge Week 4 - Card #1 - Just Enjoy!

This is the last week for What We Do Best Challenge.  This is my first card for week 4.  I hope you have enjoyed and have been inspired by all of the artwork that has been shown in the Technique Junkies Facebook group.

My last card used Lotus Corner, words from the set Five Fab Phrases, and a verse from Mae West Sentiments 2.  I first stamped the Lotus Corner and the verse in white pigment ink and heat embossed that with white embossing powder.   Then knowing that the embossing powder would resist Shimmering Bliss, I sprayed several shades of Technique Junkies Shimmering Bliss.  Then I dipped my paint brush in a dark color and painted a  bit over the flowers and in a green for the leaves.  Then i dabbed a craft towel over the colors dotting the embossed areas.   I used my heat gun to dry the card front.

The envelope was stamped with Lotus Corner and I used some watercolor pencils to quickly add some color to the envelope.   I ran a damp water brush over the color to blend it.


The lovely ribbon added just the right touch for this card.

This card doesn't use the Technique Junkies May Release Stamps but you find them all here.  They are 15% percent automatically through May 8- TODAY!!!   But you can stack my personal code TJ10Judy and get another 10 % your entire order including  the May release stamps!  What a deal!
 Have a marvelous spring day and get inky.


No comments: