Saturday, May 16, 2020

With Sympathy


Sending  sympathy cards is never fun.   I always want to have several sympathy cards on hand, on the ready to be mailed out whenever I will need them.    However, yesterday  I was caught off guard.  I "knew" this particular death was coming because my friend had fought cancer for two years.  She decided two weeks ago to stop fighting after she was told there was nothing else they could do.  She had chemo, she had treatments to boost her blood counts when it was low.   She recruited a prayer team.  (I do believe in prayer and I do believe that God answers prayer.  But I also know that way God answers prayer is not always the way we want!)  The "With Sympathy" is a retired Stampin' Up stamp. 

I did not have enough sympathy cards on hand for those friends. So yesterday I had to make five different sympathy cards.  For her husband, for each of her three children and spouses, and for her parents.  We all went to church together years ago before we moved away.  Her children were in the youth group with my kids.  Those cards are in the mail heading towards this family.  

Now today, I need to make more sympathy cards so I can have a stock on hand again.  This is one of the new cards.  It will truly one of a kind.  I will not make another like it because it was labor intensive.  I had this idea in mind and wanted to see if I could duplicate what was in my mind's eye!

1. The first step was to go over the black card stock with an embossing buddy.  Any stray gold flecks will show up in stark relief against the black.
2. Using an ultra thick rose embossing folder, emboss the card stock.
3. Under a good light,  and using a tiny paint brush, paint Versamark  embossing reinker over one  section at a time of the embossed flowers.   
4. Using detail gold embossing powder, sprinkle it over the section of the card stock  you have painted with the Versamark ink refill.  Heat emboss that section.
5.  Repeat this process until all areas of the embossed flowers are heat embossed with the detail gold embossing powder.

Have a good rest of the weekend, and get inky!!

Judy Jackson

No comments: